Sunday, December 03, 2006

Day 3 - More from the Sick Ward

There was a time when I was in school that I would read through Colossians at least once or twice a semester. For some reason of all of the books of the Bible, it was the book that I always went to most. It packs so much in four short chapters. When reading through chapter 1 and the start of 2 again today, I realized it was the first time in probably three years that I had sat down to give it any significant time. The introduction to Colossians is full of truth as to who Christ is, and what He has done for us. It is full of joy, boldness, strength, and encouragement from a man writing from prison. My prayer as I go through the rest of this book this week is to not forget the truth of these words and the circumstance from which they were written.

Today was really more of the same as yesterday for the rest of life. Another day, more medicine, and more laying in bed watching football. Only this time I was a bit less interested in the football...though I am sort of ready to jump on the Cowboy's bandwagon.

Today's Playlist:
Sufjan Stevens - Peace, Songs for Christmas Vol. 5
Fields - 7 From the Villiage
LN - Dirt Floor Hotel, Pt. 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you get to feeling better,
I really like the Cowboys...been following them all year. Romo's cool, not too cocky, just confident. Take care,
steve