Friday, December 01, 2006

Day 1 - The Introduction

It has been a cold slow day here, and I decided that now would be a good time to start something I have been thinking about doing. George Costanza had an entire Summer of George, Rick Warren has his 40 Days of Purpose, and Morgan Spurlock does things for 30 Days, but I thought I would be different. I am only going to 25 days. For the next 25 days, leading up to Christmas day, I will be documenting life. I figure that if I post things here rather than just keeping them to myself, I will be a bit more apt to stay on course. I want to see where God takes me. Life has been a bit different for me lately. I am learning so much about so many things, but the applications have been slow to set in. I guess that is what happens when you are as stubborn as I am.

These entries will include several parts. First off, they will include whatever passage I am reading for the day. I have been pretty bad at making sure that I am in the Word (in fact, this section will have to remain empty for today), and I am hoping that some degree of accountability coming through posting on here will help keep me where I should be. Secondly, I will be posting about the general goings of the day. This part will probably be especially boring to anyone reading. Thirdly, I will post what albums I have been listening to that day.

This rash of posting is mostly for me. It being public is for some accountability in doing something that I have wanted to do. There might not be much in it for anyone other than me. It will be a document of a guy who knows he struggles, but hopes to be able to say that he struggles well.

Today's Playlist:
Trespassers William - Having
Map - Think Like an Owner
Lassie Foundation - Through and Through
Patty Griffin - Flaming Red
Suffering and the Hideous Thieves - Ashamed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Kevin. Sounds like an interesting project.