Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Day 13 - The Judge Roy Scream....No Wait the Mini Mine Train

Today was sort of an up and down day. It was a boring rollercoaster, but there were highs and some lows. I'd rate it right up there with the good ole' Judge Roy Scream at Six Flags. Not going to thrill you that much, but enough ups and downs to know what you are riding on.

Work was quiet aside from getting a new computer. There was a little bit of action both good and bad, but it was all quite tame by the current standards of things going off the wall. Once I got home, it was a pretty quick turnaround getting back out to get things ready for our party with our foundation group tonight. In getting things ready, I got to spend some quality time with Adrian in the form of a driving around town to run small errands and what turned into a fun trip to the dollar store to buy gifts for our white elephant party. I couldn't come up with anything too interesting here at the apartment, so I relegated myself to a bag of dollar store goodies. Who knew you could get "scent of Jesus" incense?

I enjoyed being at our party. Our group is full of great people who love to laugh. I respect them a lot, and I really like being around them. Even after months of being in a group together, I can still be a bit standoffish with them though. I don't know why I take so long to really open up and warm up to people, but it is just how I have been since I was much younger. I get comfortable with people so slowly. As I get older, sometimes the slowness seems to be getting even slower. I'll never be mistaken as an extrovert, but a lot of times I do with I was less reserved from the start.

The night was running long, and it was time that we really had to go. I didn't want to go, but the clock was working against us big time. I got in the car and was quite bummed that I didn't get to finish out the evening. These days, I am sometimes feel so isolated that it is just nice to be around a bunch of people. As I sat down to write this, I was still pretty sad. As with many other days, the writing has been therapeutic for me though. I get to open up in a way that is easy for me. I think I have three people that I know read this, and even then they don't get to read it until I have pressed publish. This experiment has been good for me so far.

Tomorrow will be a long day at work, followed by what I am sure will be an interesting Christmas party for work extending my day much longer than normal. As I have looked to Him more, as the week has progressed, God has given me the patience and stamina to stand up. I will revise my rollercoaster comparison to the Mini Mine Train. It's amazing how perspective changes with time, even when the time is short. Over the 45 or so minutes I have spent here writing and rewriting, the day seems much less dramatic.

I am blessed beyond measure. I've got a lot more I should probably do before I get to sleep tonight, but I think I am going to head off to bed on that thought.

Today's Playlist:
Don Chaffer - You Were at the Time For Love
Copeland - Eat, Sleep, Repeat
Spoon - Kill the Moonlight
Page France - Hello, Dear Wind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for your thoughts...love the honesty...i think your little exercise is great, in writing daily...our need for community is so great and that is something i don't like to admit and don't want to put the time into, but as we both have seen, it is needed, commanded, and unbelievably beneficial...thanks for writing (and rewriting)...em