I accomplished what I sat out to do today. The day started out with me sitting there writing an e-mail to the guy from yesterday explaining why I said what I said and apologizing for the way I said it. The response wasn't what I wished it would have been, but it was just what I expected. My part is done for now on it all. I didn't let things get to me today. Admittedly, it was a much less trying day than yesterday. Even still, I felt like I did have a much better attitude about today. The difference was certainly not of me.
I haven't spent much time in the Word so far today. In fact, I spent more time reading my Bono book, watching tv, and writing this post than I did in the Word. That's pretty sad. It never ceases to amaze me how I find time for the less important things but have trouble making time for the more important.
Today's Playlist
The Album Leaf - In A Safe Place
Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
Rosie Thomas - These Friends of Mine
Iron and Wine/Calexico - In the Reins
Over the Rhine - Drunkard's Prayer
1 comment:
I'm glad today was better for you, but I'm sorry to hear that circumstances at work are dragging you down so much. Thats what I've always admired about you so much, is your attitude in adversity and your "laid-back-ness". An attitude or outlook about any situation is something that often changes slowly over time, and it often takes someone else saying they've noticed a change (like a coworker) for one to notice it oneself. I pray that God will lead you through this time and through whatever choices you need to make at work.
-Mike
Post a Comment