Thursday, May 03, 2007

Baron Davis' Nasty Beard and Boris Yelstin's Thugs

The west coast basketball schedule is keeping me up way too late. The Mav's playoff run has gotten off to a pretty rocky start, but the games have certainly been exciting (though frustrating). Hopefully they can pull it out tonight and stay alive. It's pretty funny the amount of hatred that you can get for an opposing team over the course of a 7 game series. Getting sucked into basketball fandom wasn't something I would have ever guessed I would give into a few years ago, but now here I am with a late night of nervous watching ahead of me.

The past few weeks have been really good. They have been somewhat of a blur with a whirlwind trip to Nederland by way of a Nickel Creek concert in Houston, a lot of rain, a midnight trip to the art museum, with an early morning of finally helping out at church the next day, plenty of days sitting at work coding away, and of course basketball. I haven't had much time to sit down and do some things I was hoping to do, but I can't complain at what I feel has been time well spent. That is a nice thing to be able to look back on a couple of weeks and say.

Playlist:
Danielson Famile - Fetch the Compass Kids
Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics
Danielson Famile - Tri-Danielson Alpha
Sufjan Stevens - Michigan
Low - Things We Lost in the Fire
Woven Hand - Mosaic
Over the Rhine - Films for Radio
Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
13 & God - 13 & God
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ease Down the Road
Blonde Redhead - Misery is a Butterfly
16 Horsepower - Secret South
Peter Bjorn and John - Writer's Block
Menomena - Friend and Foe
Beulah - Yoko

No comments: