I go out to breakfast with the guys from my community group at church just about every other week. We had planned on this morning as our morning, but as the week progressed, it ended up that we weren't able to get it worked out. I decided that since I had to drive in to work anyway today, and I was pretty psyched for some Original Pancake House, I'd go have some breakfast by myself. As always, the food was great. Breakfast people watching is a lot of fun too. Breakfast places have their regulars, and it was interesting to watch them. Probably half of the small crowd of folks came in there enough for the waitresses to know who they were and how they took their coffee. If it wasn't such an expensive thing to do, I'd love to start off my mornings with that sort of breakfast.
Knowing that I was going to be alone, I brought myself a book to read. I have been reading a book called "Searching for God Knows What" off and on for the past month or so. It has had me thinking quite a bit. The chapter I was reading today as I sat there in between visits from the waitress keeping my coffee full was about morality. It was probably the most interesting/convicting chapter I have read so far. The idea was presented that we like morality because it is easy when compared to loving and honoring. If we have hard and fast rules to live by, we easily know where we stand. Rules are much easier to break than to betray someone we love. I've still got a lot more to thing about from that chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment