Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Daniel Smith and Vic Mackey

There have been plenty of ups and downs in the past two weeks. A couple of really sad things, a couple of really good things, and all in all quite a blur of time. I'd say that life has been moving at a good pace, but I could still use some rest. It isn't much fun knowing that I don't have vacation days at work at my disposal. It is nice to finally feel a little more settled in there though.

In other news....
- I have been really sucked in by The Shield again. I don't watch much of anything on tv on a regular basis, but The Shield has become the only show I don't miss. If I don't get my fix of violent male soap opera every week, I feel somehow incomplete. I find myself going to The Shield forums on Wednesday and reading what people have said the episode the night before. Yes I am more of a dork than I even thought I was. I can't wait to see how it will all end.

- Daniel Smith is very intriguing to me. I have been watching a documentary about him, Danielson: A Family Movie and have been even more fascinated than I was before. He makes some weird music that certainly isn't for everyone, but his vision and passion for everything he does can be admired by anyone. I would highly recommend the documentary to anyone whether they are a fan or not.

Now concludes a very random post. Even though I didn't have much to say, I really wanted to write something today.

Playlist:
Shearwater - Everybody Makes Mistakes
Lost Dogs - Gift Horse
Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man
Voxtrot - Biggest Fan
Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, & Wives
The Mountain Goats - The Coroner's Gambit
The Gravity Show - Fabulous Like You
Sufjan Stevens - Come On Feel the Illinoise
Cursive - The Ugly Organ
Mogwai - Mr. Beast
Page France - ...and the Family Telephone
Wilco - A Ghost is Born
Br. Danielson - Brother is to Son
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
Mewithoutyou - Brother, Sister
Sufjan Stevens - Enjoy Your Rabbit
Low - The Curtain Hits the Cast

No comments: