Rather than spending all my time tonight sitting here tonight writing about things, I wrote an e-mail about finally finding somewhere to serve at my church. It is something that I have been putting off for no good reason. I have a ton of excuses, but none of them are worth typing. I had a good conversation with a friend tonight and was reminded of a couple of things. The conversation was quite rambling, and I'm sure my friend wondered where some of what I was saying was going. Through the conversation, I remembered that it is a joy to serve. It is a privilege that I have been a part of in far too long. I used to want to serve to a point that I didn't have time for much else, but it is something that I have resisted the whole time I have been in Dallas. I guess you could call it burnout, but that is a poor excuse for 3 years of nothing.
I don't know if what I e-mailed about doing will be what I end up doing, but I was excited to hit send. I will be glad to be doing something for someone other than me. Along with that, I can only skip phone calls and questions about serving for a little while. They know I need to serve. I know I need to serve. I wish I could explain why I have waited so long to jump.
Playlist:
Hem - Rabbit Songs
Sigur Ros - Takk
The Six Parts Seven - Casually Smashed to Pieces
The Clientele - Strange Geometry
Beruit - Gulag Orkestar
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - S/T
Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
Muse - Absolution
Sleeping at Last - Ghosts
Lillium - Transmission of All The Good-byes
Great Lake Swimmers - Bodies and Minds
Robert Gomez - Brand New Towns
The Innocence Mission - We Walked in Song
The Magnetic Fields - Holiday
Will Johnson - Vultures Await
Wilderness - S/T
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
No comments:
Post a Comment