Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Much Needed Vacation


So we are just under six weeks away from our trip to Kauai. Everything is lined up by way of flights, a place to stay, and a car, but I haven't gotten together much of a plan for what to do once we get there. This is where you folks come in. There are two main categories of things we would like to do in Kauai.

1.) Relax.
2.) See Kauai.

To aid in category 1, suggest me some books to read. I have been reading quite a bit more, and I figure the flight along with having time to sit out on the beach and read will require at least two to three books.

To aid in category 2, those of you who have been to Kauai or know about it, what should we do, where should we eat, and what should we make sure to see? I have done a decent bit of reading, so I have some general ideas, but not too many specifics. Since it is our first time, we plan to do a luau, even though it might be cheesy. We plan to do some hiking, but don't really have anything planned yet. We will be staying on the south shore, but we would definitely like to venture out some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if you told me you read "Blue like Jazz" or not, but I really liked that one. There is a small book called "Dinner with a Perfect Stranger" written by David Gregory that is a really easy read, but enjoyable.

Francine Rivers is currently writing a series called "Sons of Encouragement" that I have liked so far. The current books that are out are "The Priest," "The Warrior," and "The Prince."

I just finished "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" by Frank Peretti. I liked both of those as well.

Now I can't help you at all with item 2 on your list, so you will have to look elsewhere.