
It was a very welcome surprise that David Eugene Edwards came back to town last night. It hasn't even been a year since I drove over to Fort Worth way too late on a work night to see Wovenhand. This time, it was a nice short drive down to Deep Ellum to see them at Club Dada. Like their discs, their live show keeps evolving and growing. The first time, it was DEE by himself. Last time, he had added Ordy Garrison on the drums. Now he has added former 16 Horsepower bass player Pascal Humbert to the mix. His playing was very distinct on all of the old 16 Horsepower songs, so I was kind of curious to see how it would The extra kick on the low end filled things out very nicely.

The setlist and intensity were just as great as ever. Chest of Drawers was missed, but it was nice to hear some of the Ten Stones songs fleshed out live. It was nice to see a larger crowd turn out to see the band this time. Deep Ellum as a whole may have been pretty dead last night, but the crowd inside Club Dada got a great treat.

Also as an aside, it was my first concert trip with my new camera. I had a lot of fun taking pictures. I had to resist the urge to take pictures the whole time instead of just enjoying the show though. I need some practice, but it is a fun hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment