Monday, August 25, 2008

Not Quite Done

Over the past month, I have started and not finished about four posts. I have had some short bursts of ideas of things to write about, but for some reason, the posts sit there unfinished. Maybe I'll go back to them and get them finished. Maybe I won't. Who knows. I've gotten a little bad about that sort of thing lately. I have a house full of home improvement projects in various states of completion. I have this one project at work that is 99.99% done, but I can't quite get over the hump to finish it up. I've got a pile of books that I have started, but not made it past the first 50 pages of. I say I'll reach out to people when I am struggling, but I don't. I have been reminded more and more recently how that lack of completion is slowly but surely dragging me down. I don't know where that realization is going to take me. It isn't necessarily 100% new, but at least I have been looking at it a little differently.

Recent Playlist:
The Dandy Warhols - Come Down
Doug Burr - On Promenade
The Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
The Blamed - Give Us Barabbas
The New Tragedies - VanityVanity
Trespassers William - Noble House
Gileah - The Golden Planes
Danielson - Ships
Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets
Dosh - The Lost Take
Darediable - Feeding Frenzy
Chris Staples - Blackest Hair, Bluest Eyes
Chris Thile - Not All Who Wander are Lost
Elvis Perkins - Ash Wednesday
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Lymbyc Systym - Love Your Abuser
The Acorn - Glory Hope Mountain
His Name is Alive - Detrola
Jetscreamer - Starhead
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
Richard Swift - Ground Trouble Jaw

No comments: