Writing here usually is provoked by one of three things. I am either in the mood to gripe and mope, I am thankful for things without taking them for granted and wanting to write about it, or I just went to a concert. None of those have really occurred lately. Things have been going pretty well, so I haven't had anything to gripe about. I have plenty of things to be thankful for, and I have split time between taking great things for granted and not really having anything that I wanted to write about it. I skipped writing about one Bill Mallonee show that I went to, but I didn't have much to add about it that I hadn't mentioned about him before. It was actually one of the worst shows I have ever seen him do, but seeing him sing his amazing songs is still worth the trip.
I was told earlier this evening by an unnamed party that I don't post enough. I have sat here watching uninspired NBA summer league basketball while being uninspired to write resulting in an uninspired blog post. Just as I am wrapping it up and getting ready to go to bed, I finally know what I want to write about. I do not however have the energy to do it justice. I'll finish up a real post sometime this week, but for now, you couple of readers will just be left with this post about nothing.
Playlist:
Why? - Alopecia
Calexico - Garden Ruins
Mount Eerie -Black Wooden Ceiling Opening
Travis Morrison - Travistan
These United States - A Picture Of The Three Of Us At The Gate To The Garden Of Eden
Haley Bonar - Big Star
Why? - Elephant Eyelash
Hammock - Kenotic
Low - Things We Lost in the Fire
Lyle Lovett - My Baby Don't Tolerate
The Smiths - Meat is Murder
The Red Paintings - Walls
Mewithoutyou - Catch For Us the Foxes
Northern Room - Last Embrace
The New Pornographers - Challengers
Bad Brains - I Against I
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Foxglove Hunt - Stop Heartbeat
Dylan in the Movies - Feel the Pull
Common Children - Delicate Fade
King's X - Tape Head (for Steve)
2 comments:
What a cop out! You should have just taken my initial challenge to come up with a profound comment...
thanks for the 'x' :)
congrats on the anniversary and thanks for the great inspiration that your post was to me!
Post a Comment