I haven't had much to say lately. The only news going is really that we are in our new house. That has been nice, but a lot of work. Other than that, football season has included lots of weekends away and has all in all be rather sad.
In general, I think posting song lyrics on blogs is rather lame, but I have been rather uninspired and as is often the case, Bill Mallonee can say it better than I can.
what is it you need to hear
it's on your lips and in your ears
if too much static or unclear
still still He holds you dearly
hound of heaven on your trail
keen sense of direction and smell
knows your need before you do
and when you bleed He does too
on my own again
on my slow dark train
how is it i am found
in my judas skin spinning down
what is it you need to know
you don't already understand
when You offer me a drink
i just keep You at arms length
what is it that i fear
why is it i don't trust
hiding out becomes career
what am i covering up
what is it you need to find
love Your Spirit working overtime
when i come out of my spin
and i see You're still my friend
Playlist:
The National - Alligator
Mewithoutyou - Brother, Sister
The Polyphonic Spree - The Fragile Army
Don Peris - Ten Silver Slide Trombones
Hem - Eveningland
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Jens Lekman - Night Falls of Kortedala
The Normals - A Place Where You Belong
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Don Chaffer - You Were At the Time For Love
Common Children - Delicate Fade
Beruit - The Flying Club Cup
A Place To Bury Strangers - A Place to Bury Strangers
Thee, Stranded Horse - Churning Saddles
The New Year - The End's Not Near
Charlie Parr - Jubilee
Low - The Great Destroyer
Low - Drums and Guns
Trespassers William - Having
Trespassers William - Different Stars
1 comment:
I hate it when I lose my skin.
Love ya Kev,
Post a Comment