Monday, August 13, 2007

Faster Slower

Last week was a busy week at work and with trying to get things together to close on the house, so I didn't have much time to do much of anything. It was nice to slow down on Saturday and spend the day with my amazing wife for her birthday....even with the shopping and girly movie. I had a blast. Maybe I'll even read Pride and Prejudice after being so inspired.....or not.

This week started out much slower, and I am thankful for that. By the end of last week, I was completely spent, but by the grace of God, I was sustained. It was nice to be able to say that at the end of a rough week. That's not to say that He hasn't provided me strength all of those other weeks, it's to say that many weeks, I don't pay a lick of attention.

I do have a small goal for myself this week....to contact a couple of people I haven't talked to in a long time. I have gotten really bad about keeping in touch with people. I'm not sure why I let that be so difficult.

Playlist (Long Work Days = Lots of Music):
The Prayer Chain - Mercury
Daniel Johnston - The Late, Great Daniel Johnston
Hem - Rabbit Songs
St. Vincent - Marry Me
Damien Jurado - Where Shall You Take Me Now?
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Page France - Hello, Dear Wind
Nickel Creek - Why Should the Fire Die?
Saxon Shore - Luck Will Not Save Us From a Jackpot of Nothing
Jeremy Enigk - World Waits
The Delgados - Universal Audio
Patrick Watson - Close to Paradise
Devotchka - How It Ends
The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Smile Smile - Blue Roses
Marmoset - A Marmoset Menagerie
The Paper Chase - God Bless Your Black Heart
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
The National - Alligator
Bob Dylan - MTV Unplugged
Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty
Ride - Nowhere
LN - Dirt Floor Hotel, Pt 2
Mewithoutyou - Brother, Sister
Mojave 3 - Ask Me Tomorrow
Lilium - Transmission of All The Good-Byes
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna To Heaven
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Low - Drums and Guns
Interpol - Our Love to Admire

No comments: