Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trios

A week ago, I got to see a trio that I have seen many times before. It's always a treat to see Sleeping at Last play. They seem to get better live every time I see them. The Keep No Score songs have really grown on me quite a bit since I last saw them. The crowd was the biggest they have drawn any time I have seen them in Dallas. The venue still is one of my least favorite, but at least they weren't trying to compete over a screamo band this time.

Last night, I got to see a trio that I had never seen before. They broke up shortly before I turned three. I know quite a bit of music from The Police, but I would never consider them one of my favorite bands. I was interested in seeing the reunion tour though. After buying, then selling a pair of decent tickets for the concert, yesterday morning, I jumped at the chance to get some cheap tickets for the show.

The crowd leaned to the old side, and the band was even older. The music was great though. Sting's voice sounded good, but it wasn't quite up to the high notes that he used to be there. Watching Stewart Copeland on the big screens was worth more than the price of admission though in my book. All in all, it was a fun show. Some great songs performed by aging legends who don't really like each other. I was glad I got to see them.

Recent Playlist:
The Books - Lost and Safe
The Police - Syncronicity
Richard Swift - Dressed Up For The Letdown
Iron and Wine/Calexico - In the Reins
Lassie Foundation - The El Dorado LP
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Pedro the Lion - It's Hard to Find a Friend
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Half Handed Cloud - Learning About Your Scale
The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
The Polyphonic Spree - The Fragile Army
Dosh - The Lost Take
Andrew Osenga - Letters to the Editor Vol. 1
The Choir - Circle Slide
New Ruins - The Sound They Make

No comments: