Today has just been one of those days. It started off stressful and just kept getting worse. Nothing seemed to help and the pressure kept mounting. I finally decided to just take a drive late this evening. My road of choice was 75 going north. It proved to be a nice night drive. A straight shot heading towards Oklahoma with not too many cars around.
On the drive, I had no other objective than to decompress. I didn't want to think about work or houses or anything at all. I just wanted to drive. These days, it seems my hardheaded nature doesn't listen to much. I didn't want to call anyone to talk. I didn't want to seek comfort. I just wanted to forget for a bit.
As I blasted some music and the AC while driving towards nothing, I did get to thinking about some things. I came to my above conclusion about not listening much. I remembered why I am such a music nut. It is the one thing that seems to finally get to me when I am not listening to God or anyone else. It is my soft spot, and God uses it time and time again to get through my thick skull.
Thank God for Gary Murray, Explosions in the Sky, Justin Rosolino, The Weepies, Warren Zevon, and Bill Mallonee. They were used by Him to help me through a tough night when I didn't want to do what I know is best.
No comments:
Post a Comment