I have taken a few shortcuts since my last post. There have certainly be some tough days since that post. I'd give myself an ok for the course though. I haven't done great, but I haven't fallen completely flat on my face. If that isn't a sign of God's grace, I don't know what is.
Easter, God's best picture of grace, is a holiday that always seems to sneak up on me. This year wasn't much different. I went to church, and made up an Easter basket for A, but other than that, I ended up paying more attention to golf than I did Easter. I don't even like golf that much. I'd call it a shortcut to calmness. It is very soothing to fall asleep to golf on TV on a Sunday afternoon. Rather than connecting, I withdrew. It is a frustrating cycle. Even still, I have a God, a wife, family, and friends that love me. I don't honor them as much as I should, but they all give grace whether or not I want to see or accept it. That's a nice thought to head off to bed on.
Recent Playlist:
Peter Bjorn and John - Writer's Block
John Hiatt - Walk On
Blonde Redhead - 23
Lassie Foundation - Pacifico
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
Damien Rice - O
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yelstin - Broom
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness
Menomena - Friend or Foe
Sunny Day Real Estate - How It Feels to Be Something On
Trespassers William - Different Stars
Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
My Forgotten Holiday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment