Saturday, October 14, 2006

Back to Reality

I think I could get used to the pace of life in Kauai. Things start shutting down around dark, and there isn't much going on after that. There isn't a speed limit above 50 on the whole island. I think I only heard someone honk their horn once in a week of being there. It was a different sort of place than anywhere I have ever been. The people were in about as much of a hurry as the chickens. It was a nice week of slowing down and enjoying the amazing scenery.

Aside from an unfortunate confiscation of some misplaced sunscreen of on the way home, the flights went smoothly. They were long, but we made it everywhere on schedule and in one piece. After getting there, it didn't take long to find our way around the island. We got to see so many beautiful places and things. I realized that I am much more of a beach bum than I had ever realized. I grew up with a "beach" fifteen minutes from my house, but I was never too drawn to it. When given the opportunity to spend time on a nice beach with no tar or seaweed and clear water, I loved it. I could have spent much more time snorkeling than we did. Additionally, I think it would take a long time for me to get tired of the food. I ate more types of pancakes than I knew existed and more types of fish than I had ever been brave enough to try.

It has been a crazy week trying to get back adjusted to the five hour time difference and normal amounts of sleep, but we have made it. If you ever get the chance to visit Kauai, I would highly recommend it. I posted tons of pictures at the My Pictures link in the right hand column of this page.

No comments: