
My second trip to see The Cure was a little different than my first. First off, I haven't been on a huge The Cure kick like I was the first time I saw them. I was a late arrival to The Cure, but right around the time when I first moved to Dallas, I was listening to them daily. Over the past couple of years, I have still been listening, but not nearly as much. When tickets went on sale about a year ago for a show in October, I snatched up a pair. I would be going with a different level of obsession, but I figured I would enjoy it anyway. That concert got postponed and rescheduled for so June, so over the months I had pretty much forgotten about it. Last Friday night, they reminded me why I was on such a kick of their music.
The AAC was cut in half, and the crowd wasn't exactly high energy, but the band sounded great and as the night went on, the energy picked up. The Cure isn't exactly a high energy band, but they ended up seeming like they were having a lot of fun, and we got treated to song after song for over three hours. There were few songs missing from the setlist. We got everything from dark, brooding songs to every pop hit they ever had. My best way to put it is that they are the most boring live band that I never want to miss when they come to town. The don't play with a whole lot of flash for a band of their stature, but they really nailed the set. When the songs are that great, it doesn't take a whole lot else to make for an amazing show.
Setlist:
Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, A Night Like This, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Fascination Street, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, The Only One, Wrong Number, The Baby Screams, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book
1st encore: Three Imaginary Boys, Fire In Cairo, Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab
2nd encore: Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?
3rd encore: A Forest
No comments:
Post a Comment