
Driving to Fort Worth to see a band that started at midnight on a work night was a bad idea. The rain part made things even a bit worse of an idea. Woven Hand doesn't make it around these parts very often, so I didn't want to miss a chance. In the end, I was very glad that I made the trip.
When I last saw Woven Hand, it was David Eugene Edwards playing solo with acoustic instruments. I knew he would be playing with a percussionist, Ordy Garrison, this time, but I didn't know how the rest of the show would go. When he got up there with a couple of electric guitars along with a huge board of effects, I knew it wouldn't be the quiet affair of the last show. The show was loud and as intense as any performance I have ever seen. It is almost scary how into the songs he gets. The songs are so haunting already.
No comments:
Post a Comment