After another crazy week, it was good to be able to enjoy the weekend. On Friday night, I pretended to still be a single guy and went out to see what was possibly the loudest concert I have ever been to. I think Mogwai's amps go to at least 20. In spite of (or maybe because of) permanent hearing damage, it was mesmerizing watching the band play.
After a late night at the concert, I had the day Saturday to regroup for another rowdy night. On Saturday night, I got all dressed up (well as much as I ever do) and escorted my lovely wife to the ballet. I guess on top of it just being a ballet with lots of people jumping and spinning around in tights, since the ballet was Cinderella, there were about a million little girls dressed up with wands and tiaras and puffy dresses. The ballet itself was enjoyable as ballets go. I am becoming an old pro at this ballet stuff. Two down, many more to go.
begin sappy.....
I guess I am getting old or something, but of the two nights, there is one that I wouldn't trade for anything. It wasn't the loud concert of a band that really enjoy. It was the night spent with my wife at the ballet. Ten years from now, I probably won't remember the much about the concert (that is if my ears do in fact recover), but as cheesy and sappy as it sounds, I will have great memories of a night of tights, tiny princesses, and time well spent with my wife.
.....end sappy
No comments:
Post a Comment