I haven't had much to say lately, here or in real life. A lot of time and energy has been going towards work. Sometimes that has been good and sometimes not so much. I've gotten some things accomplished that I can be proud of, but it is still work, and it is still a drain.
Musically, I haven't made it to many shows. I haven't found too many new bands that I love. I've been listening to the Mountain Goats too much, which is a good thing. I've also been listening to a lot of Damien Jurado, which isn't really a good thing. Not that the music isn't amazing, there's just a certain heartbreaking quality to it that draws me in when I'm mopey. I just downloaded his new album but haven't been able to listen to it yet. New albums from three of my favorite just came out. The bands in order of decreasing enjoyment of the new albums, The National, The New Pornographers, and The Hold Steady.
I sold an old toy and bought a new toy a month or two ago. That camera is the most expensive, non-practical thing I have ever bought myself. I'm quite enjoying it, but I just need to find the time to work on actually using it. I just got an 85mm lens that I'm itching to get some good use out of.
I turned in my paperwork to get a passport last week. For our fifth anniversary, we're going to have our first anniversary adventure outside of the US. We'll be heading to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic to hang out at a resort for 6 days. My natural tendency to overload vacations with sights of new places will have to be overridden. It will just be a week of relaxation. Maybe it will be good for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment