I've been rather inspired lately. I don't know exactly what I have been inspired to do, but I'll blame the inspiration on God, a bike, and Bob Dylan. It's always good to get that nudge from God reminding me of just how blessed I am. I have a great wife who continues to love me, amaze me, and make me laugh. I have a great house, job, and church. Somehow in spite of all of that, I usually focus more on the things that I don't have or the negatives in what I do have. By His grace, I haven't been dwelling on those things though.
The bike part of the inspiration comes from my latest attempt at a new hobby. After being around so many people that bike a lot, I caved and we both bought bikes last weekend. We haven't gotten to ride much yet, but I am really looking forward to getting out there tomorrow. I have never had a "real" bike. It was quite an experience shopping for bikes, but I think in the end we made pretty good choices. I am excited about another way to get off my tail and be active.
The Bob Dylan part comes from another recent splurge. I picked up a ticket for his show tomorrow night at the House of Blues. After a long time of being a casual fan, I have really gotten into him deeper over the past year or so. I decided that it would be worth the cash to see him up close and personal, or at least as up close and personal as it gets. After reading reviews of last night's show, I am even more excited. I don't know exactly what to expect, and it will be a bit lonely going by myself, but hey...it's still Bob Dylan. I've been listening to a lot of him in preparation. The more I listen, the more convinced I am that he isn't overhyped. The songs are gold. I'm sure I'll have more to say about the show come Sunday.
Recent Playlist:
Throw Me the Statue - Moonbeams
Bob Dylan - Hwy 61 Revisited
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
LSU - Shaded Pain
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Over the Rhine - The Trumpet Child
Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home
David Bowie - Low
Red House Painters - Songs for a Blue Guitar
Morrissey - You Are the Quarry
Joe Christmas - Upstairs Overlooking
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend
Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions - Bavarian Fruit Bread
Further Seems Forever - The Moon is Down
Stavesacre - Speakeasy
The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
Beulah - Yoko
Gentlemen Auction House - The Rules Were Handed Down
Creeper Lagoon - Take Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Waterdeep - Heart Attack Time Machine
No comments:
Post a Comment